Dog safety leashes and
collars by Steve Barook of
Spots-light came about out
of a real need to be safe while out walking in the early morning
or late at night when it is dark. I have a 3 year old Golden
Retriever named Honey. Honey gets lots of exercise no matter
what time of year. The winters are long here and as a result we
tend to have to walk in the dark more often than not. We went
for our walk early one morning, it was cold and snowy. Our
neighbourhood doesn't have side walks, so as usual we walk along
the bottom of the driveways. A fellow who I can only assume was
late for work backed out of his drive way and nearly hit us.
I was very upset but then
realized, I was wearing a black coat and it was dark so even
though he was in a hurry we were not overly visible. That
evening I went out for a walk around 11:00pm and the conditions
were similar to that of the morning. Would you believe that the
same fellow was pulling out of his driveway and nearly hit us
again. I was in shock.
I decided right then and their
that I need to find something that would allow us to be seen
while walking. I did lots of looking at the pet stores and found
nothing that would help us be seen easily and clearly. Yes there
are flashing lights that can dangle from Honeys collar but from
a distance not overly effective unless you are in direct line of
sight. I needed something that would also help keep me safe. So
I found a manufacturer who could produce dog safety leashes and
collars what is now Spots-Light.
Today we walk with
confidence at night knowing people can see us coming easily.
Cars actually stop now and the drivers ask "where did you get
the dog safety leash and collar"? We are now seen 350
meters away and when we go to the park in the evening off leash
Honey can easily be seen even when she is not beside me.
If you love your dog as much as I love mine and want to keep
yourself and your pet safe Spots-light dog safety leash and
collar is a must have safety product, stylish, practical,
functional and durable.
If you liked
Steve's story, you might also like to read about how sticks thrown innocently by
their owners can cause serious injury and how one person's research led to the
manufacture of their own
safety stick for dogs. Learn more about
dog powered scooters another story
inspired to keep your dog safe.